Thursday, December 1, 2016

Today's call to the flower shop

Today I put in a call to a flower shop to order a dear friend some flowers.

Me:  Hi, I would like to order some flowers to be delivered.

Flower shop:  Sure, please hold on for a moment.

On hold.

On hold.

On hold(for about 5 minutes - a real 5 minutes)

FS:  How can I help you.

Me: Hi, I would like to order some flowers to be delivered.

FS: Sure, please hold.

Me:  Wait, I already did that.

FS: What?

Me:  Held.

FS:  Excuse me?

Me:  I was already put on hold for kind of a long time.

FS: Oh.  Ok.  Sorry.  Please hold.

Me:  Nope.  Sorry.  I think I will call someone else.  Have a great day. (click)

(Calling second flower shop)

Me: Hi.  I would like to order some flowers to be delivered.

FS2: Sure.  Can I have your name please?

Me: Sure.  Deb Dauer.  D as in David, a, u, e, r.

FS2: Bev...

Me:  No, Deb.  D, e, b. Short for Debbie.

FS2: Betty?

Me:  No, Deb.  D like dog.  E like elephant.  B like boy.

FS2:  Oh, Deb! Got it.  And your last name?

Me: D, a, u, e, r.

FS2: D, a - what was the rest?

Me: u, e, r.  Its like Bauer but with a D in the front.

FS2:  Ok. B, D, A, U, E, R.

Me: No B.  Just D, A, U, E, R.

FS2:  Ok.  Deb Dauer.  Five letters in your last name.

Me:  Yup.  You got it

**(I must add at this point that I am still being very kind and patient with this nice lady, but I began looking around my house for the hidden camera.)

Finally gave her all the other information she needed.  

FS2: Ok.  Let me read it all back to you.

Me:  Ok, great!

FS2:  Your name is Bev Bauer.

Me:  (spitting out my iced tea)  Ok, no...

I can't make this stuff up.  But after all was said and done this very nice lady and I had a good laugh.












No comments:

Post a Comment