Monday, November 28, 2016

Do you have your bases covered?

Before we go any further, please watch this:

Go ahead.  I'll wait.  It's okay.  Take your time.  Watch it a few times if you want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iat3xqq24TI

Okay, did you love it?!  I LOVED it!  I thought it was brilliant and so relevant.
It was sent to me by my daugher, Sarah.  She had just spent 6 1/2 hours as a passenger in the car of her friends who were driving back to Mount Holyoke.  A trip that should have taken less than four hours.  Lots and lots of traffic.  When she got back to school, she was vegging out, came about this video and sent it to me.  Upon watching it I sent her a response:

Me: Love that!

Sarah: reminded me of how you see the world

Me: (in between my crying tears of joy and the utmost appreciation) Oh!!!! I love you for saying that! Thank you.

You see, Sarah sent me this video and said those things just as I was falling into a very mopey, self pity moment.  I felt ugly and kind of gross.  Some of the things going on with my body are just plain gross.  The ALS is just a f#@ker and it was really pissing me off.  I had just finished telling Adam how I am sad and feeling sorry for myself.  And then, I watched this video.

It completely changed my perspective. I have a family and friends who love me and I love back.  I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and good health care.  Yes, I have ALS but there are all these people out there who are fighting to eliminate/cure this disease.  I have an ALS team who are helping me and my family.

I have my bases covered.





1 comment:

  1. Always remember you have a village near and far, loving and connecting with you.

    ReplyDelete